Just sat in a little meeting about some ideas for tech in the PYP. These were some of the things that were shared:
- Schools need to set a minimum amount per week for teachers. The general consensus seemed to be at least once or twice a week. This way no one in the set was looking like an outlier (bad compared to others)
- Consent forms for student photos are needed if they are to be used on the blog.
- The idea of an after-school bloggers club came up. Some teachers were pursuing this.
Traffic light system:
- This is a neat and simple idea for students to self assess along with teachers:
- Red – Student cannot do it
- Yellow – Student can do with help
- Green – Student can do this by them self
Using PowerPoint in new ways
- Students take screen-shots using a program to show progress and incorporate it into the slide-show
- Students add arrows and text to explain what they have done
- Students use the PowerPoint presentation to explain what has been done to others
A resources that was mentioned to stay away from was:
- epals – it was mentioned to be rubbish – not updated and not accessible
Good resources were:
- iboard – only for foundation, year 1 and 2
- domo by goanimate
- 2simple to animate
- assess ICT for assessment
- videopad for simple editing of video
April 25, 2011 at 6:35 am
Great idea but what is the benefit of doing that?