RSS

iPad2 best apps

01 Apr

I bought my iPad2 the other day. I am wowed by it constantly. I am using it for:

• fitness
  • an alarm clock
  • reading books
  • social networking
  • taking and editing video
  • weather forcasts
  • stocks
  • syncing and updating my calendar on the go
  • translating
  • so much more

Already, two teachers today mentioned they wanted one as well and then they asked me the question:

“What apps should I get for it?”

So, here’s my initial list:

• Pages -$9.99 Mac Word Processing
  • Numbers -$9.99 Mac Spreadsheet
  • Keynote -$9.99 Mac PowerPoint
  • iMovie – $4.99 Mac Video Editing
  • Calendars – $6.99 Sync Google Calendar – Pocket InformantHD – $14.99 seems like a more slick app actually
  • Quickoffice – $14.99 (on sale) Simple Office Quite
  • Kobo – FREE Document Reader
  • iTranslate – FREE Translator
  • Fitness – FREE Fitness Organizer
  • iHome+Sleep – FREE Alarm Clock plays music, shows weather, more
  • Skype – FREE Video Conferencing
  • Friendly – FREE Facebook App
  • iLoadLite – FREE Uploading videos to Facebook
  • pdf-Notes – FREE PDF Reader
  • Tweetdeck – FREE Twitter Organizer
  • Bloomberg – FREE Stock Market Reader – Market Scan – Stock Technical Analysis $19.99 a good addition for serious users
  • Scan – FREE QR Code Scanner
  • Social Stats – FREE Quick Statistics of Country Populations
  • Photobucket – FREE
  • Transport Maps – FREE
  • Compass – FREE
  • Calculator Pro – FREE
  • Dictionary – FREE

I don’t play games, so ask your students which are the best ones out there.

Two recommendations to me:

• Whatsapp $.99 Chatting
  • Viber FREE phone calls
Advertisements

13 Comments

Posted by on April 1, 2011 in Technology

Tags: ,

13 responses to “iPad2 best apps

1. Mimi 7B

April 15, 2011 at 2:20 pm

This will be a great idea for me to download it on my ipad.

2. Yan Ping

April 24, 2011 at 9:28 am

what about movies and books? Where to download them?
    I have saved this webpage into my favriot.
    Xie Xie~

3. Yan Ping

April 24, 2011 at 9:29 am

Hey, you are talking about download to your PC, right? I was asking how to download to your iPad.

• ictdesign

April 24, 2011 at 9:36 am

Maybe this will help: Clone2Go

4. Yan Ping

April 24, 2011 at 9:29 am

That is from Youtube…I was asking a complete movie or book…

5. Shawn

April 24, 2011 at 9:30 am

Thank you for telling us what to do for this month and telling what we need to do

6. kram

April 24, 2011 at 9:31 am

it is so cool because it have finger scan so people can’t just steal are ipad, iphone, etc.

7. Mimi

April 24, 2011 at 9:32 am

You got a lot of good apps and they all have educational values, however, some of your apps don’t make much sense to me for example, Shazaam, a program to recognize music. I’m confused about what you mean by “recognize” music, do you mean when you play a song, they will automatically search the song for you online and get the name of the song? If so, why do we need an app like that? It may be something cooler but for now, I’m confused why your lack of explanations for each app. However, nice article, I got many apps from you that I think are worth to buy for. ^^

8. Dear

April 24, 2011 at 9:33 am

For games I really recommend to get an HD one, it looks really nice on the iPad. I recommend getting Angry Birds, Cut The Rope, Drop The Chicken, and Real Racing. Those are all HD games. I also recommend getting Tap Tap Revenge 4, although they didn’t publish an iPad version yet, but its very fun to play Tap Tap on a bigger screen.

9. Ning

April 24, 2011 at 9:33 am

This is very cool for me! My family love to use Apple stuffs as my father is a big fan of Steve Jobs for some reason. My family is now using the first IPad and we have been download a lot of apps since we first use the ipod touch. My father will surely buy the IPad2, so this block is very helpful for me and my family. My little sister enjoys taking photos of things especially herself. Is there a good app to help her with decorating her picture?
    Thank you.

• ictdesign

April 24, 2011 at 9:39 am

There are lots of apps. In iTunes, search “photo” and you will see lots. One of my favs is moreBeaute2

10. Heart

April 25, 2011 at 6:33 am

It all good apps, don’t forget Whats app and viber also tiny wing and angry bird is fun.