I don’t do this often, but the Academic Earth website it definitely worth featuring. The website features videos from some of the best educational courses the world has to offer. For example lectures from: Berkley, Columbia, Harvard, Khan Academy, Maryland, Michigan. MIT, Norwich, NYU, Princeton, Stanford, UCLA, UNSW, UCS and Yale are all embedded within it.
The site is simple, intuitive and to the point. Videos load quick as they are often embedded directly through Youtube.
I am not going to get into the debate about whether education is good for you or not.
However, I am going to point you to a study that actually says that online learning could be better than learning in a classroom. The study is called Evaluation of Evidence-Based Practices in Online Learning. It is summed up well in this article by the New York Times.
The Bakers Guide also supports this theory. Alas, they are an online learning community and could therefore be viewing their evidence with a bias.
Whichever way the debate goes, you can’t go wrong with watching a view videos from the Academic Earth for educational growth, as opposed to the latest on the television. So what can you do?
- Save Money. Instead of spending thousands of dollars for courses that you would like to take, go to the Academic Earth website and view the best of the best
- Search by Subject
- Search by Top Rated Instructors
- Search by Top Rated Lectures
- Search by Top Rated Courses
- Search by Top Rated Playlists
- Read more about online free learning here