Back in 2021, there were several AI interfaces similar to ChatGPT that you can interact with:
- Dialogflow: Dialogflow is a Google-owned AI platform that allows developers to create conversational interfaces for various platforms such as websites, messaging apps, and voice assistants.
- Amazon Lex: Amazon Lex is a service from Amazon Web Services (AWS) that enables developers to build conversational interfaces for applications using natural language understanding (NLU).
- IBM Watson Assistant: IBM Watson Assistant is an AI-powered chatbot platform that allows businesses to create chatbots that can interact with customers through natural language.
- Microsoft Bot Framework: The Microsoft Bot Framework is a set of tools and services that developers can use to create conversational interfaces across multiple channels, including email, SMS, and popular messaging platforms like Facebook Messenger, Skype, and Slack.
- Rasa: Rasa is an open-source conversational AI framework that allows developers to build and deploy chatbots and virtual assistants with advanced natural language processing (NLP) and dialogue management capabilities.
These are just a few examples of the many AI interfaces that are available today. Each platform has its own strengths and weaknesses, so it’s important to evaluate your specific needs and requirements before choosing a tool to build your conversational interface.
Today, however, we are seeing the “big guns” release their powerful rivals – possibly before they should be open to the public:
- China is sending out the MOSS Chatbot.
- Google is unleashing Bard.
- Microsoft has Prometheus and has invested in or bought ChatGPT.
My understanding is that many people are figuring out ways around the safeguards put in place, and instead using the AIs for designing unethical, prejudice, deceitful, and possibly dangerous output.
The good news to my ears is that Meta is giving LLaMA AI to scholars and researchers in order to test out and see why these others are failing, having major issues, or are being circumvented. I hope that the foresight of Meta’s LLaMA use and its practitioners will disable major catastrophes from occurring in more of a walled-garden space used by “not-dummies”. I have heard Musk foretell of a bleak future where AI comes from nowhere to wipe-out humanity or begin to use us in ways that we might not want.
Please let us have lots of sense and a less neo-liberal attitude with something that is beyond out comprehension of powerful. We are playing with fire. Let’s have the fire extinguisher on-hand.